Koala-tea


Oh geez..this blogger template is kind of intimidating. It's reminding me of an empty word document...am I back in school? OH GOD I DIDN'T DO AN OUTLINE. What is my topic?

As of right now, I don't know. I don't cook so I can't really do a cooking blog, I don't work out, so that's shot...I'm literally the most boring person on the planet. This is a quality basis to start a blog out on. Maybe lists? I'm pretty much a champ at lists, and dark comedy. But as I've had a couple good mojitos, dark comedy isn't working right now, plus also my husband is playing Portal 2, and that is distracting me.

I feel like I should have my life together, as I AM married, and just bought a new car. That is pretty much not the case. Most days I would much rather just pretend like I was 18, and play video games and sleep most of the day. Maybe go on a run but HAHAHA let's not kid ourselves. Blogs are not for half formed lies. I don't even feel like I'm a "woman". I mean, technically, I am, because, you know, "the miracle of menses" but I am only half taking care of myself. I mean, I figure if some of the losers from my high school class have houses & children and alcohol problems, then I can, I don't know, call to get my insurance changed over from my maiden name, fix the coat hanger on the door which is currently hanging from one 3M strip & pick up my clothes from the floor. I'm sure my mother is appalled at the skills/motivation that I am lacking.

However, I have come out of my mojito stupor enough to have compiled a list of reasons I know I'm an adult, paired with a list of reasons I shouldn't be allowed to live without someone responsible.

TEN REASONS KIRSTIE IS A GROWNUP WHO IS DOING OKAY

  1. I have a husband who sometimes is a complete idiot, but loves me way more than he really should (i'm a giant B sometimes, you guys)
  2. I have a job. It pays me money, and allows me to have benefits AND vacation time. I'm not paid well, nor do I have good vacation time but I have it, and that's enough for me.
  3. I can pay my bills literally EVERY month. That is the most adult thing I can say.
  4. Sleeping in on the weekends consists of me waking up at 8:15 AM and being okay with it.
  5. I know current events, and not just who Taylor Swift is dating. 
  6. I voted, and I got irritated about politics. If that doesn't make someone old, I don't know what is.
  7. I can't wear flip flops or flats every day & not pay for it later. I have given up what little fashion I have for a $75 pair of Nikes, arch supports, and a little wedge for my short leg (i am such a catch, you guys)
  8. I went into Charlotte Russe & walked out awkwardly not because the biggest size was like a 10 pant, but because I saw half the stuff & went "that is not a shirt. That is a bra." and "The 90s were tacky when we were in them, let alone now". This is also applicable for Delias, Forever 21, and the junior's section of department stores. I sound like a crotchety old woman when I shop.
  9. I just bought a relatively new car. Like, 2011 new. That is only 2 years old (or I guess 3 in car years?)
  10. I have legitimate wall art & couches in my apartment. 2 years ago, I had a futon, a poster of a flower, a poster of David Beckham, and a poster of Josh Groban. Now I have some metal circle thing from Target, wedding pictures, and comfy, if not slightly ugly, couches! Adulthood is having an actual couch.
TEN REASONS KIRSTIE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT IN HER PRESENCE
  1. The amount of clothes I have on the floor in my bedroom is appalling. I am sitting here, writing about it, rather than, I don't know, putting them away?
  2. Cooking is way too much of a burden. Cutting chicken after weighing up dog poop (oh yeah, that is part of my job, check me out, take me in) & standing for 8 hours is really too much. 
  3. I'm really just hoping Cody starts making a metric ass-ton of money because working sucks. Basically I want to put an ass-sized dent in the couch and read all day.
  4. I don't have a house, because I didn't even think about that until a couple months before C & I got married. When will we have a house? Who freakin' knows, at this point.
  5. It took me 4.5 months post wedding to change my name at work & on my insurance cards. I'm sure some places still think i'm unmarried.
  6. The last time I went to the gym was like, 2 months ago. I went on a walk with Cody to get pizza for my last exercise related endevor.
  7. I hate vegetables. I will eat a salad, but only under the influence of people who may judge me for NOT getting one.
  8. Do I own stocks? Have I bought stocks? I'm not even entirely sure I know what a stock is. I know if you buy stocks in the boardgame Life, and someone spins your number, you get money. That's like real life, right?
  9. When was the last time I washed my sheets? Before last weekend, when was the last time I thoroughly cleaned the bathroom? Those are both questions I don't have answers to.
  10. All of my friends are going to grad school, or are in grad school. I'm hoping for a sudden windfall, because going back to school is like my own version of Auschwitz.
BONUS
  11. I just made an Auschwitz joke. Who does that?

I'll leave you with a series of gifs that I am feeling because obviously expressing feelings is easier in animated pictures of celebrities.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They say we are asleep until we fall in love...

In which Kirstie dusts off the blog to bitch about being a dud

Dusting Cobwebs